Saturday, December 3, 2022

Holiday Songs For Saturday #1: Mariah Carey & Barry Manilow

Starting today and for the next three weeks, Songs For Saturday will be sporting a holiday season theme.


There's a local radio station (WMAG, 99.5 FM) that scraps it's regular pop music/adult contemporary format in lieu of all Christmas music all the time. 

This year, WMAG started with it's holiday format on November 1st.  Yep, the Halloween decorations are still out and this station is shoving Christmas music on it's listeners. 

Well, I guess they wouldn't do it if it didn't work. 

It wouldn't be so bad if WMAG had a Christmas play list that was more than 10 songs long. 

There is one Christmas song that despite it's ubiquitous presence on holiday music lists everywhere, I do not get tired of listening to it.  Here is Mariah Carey with "All I Want for Christmas Is You".   





Another of my favorite Christmas tunes is the jazzy big band arrangement of "Jingle Bells"  First recorded by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters in 1943  and most recently by Michael BublĂ© and the Puppini Sisters in 2011, my favorite version of this arrangement was produced in 1990 by Barry Manilow and Expose'.  



And that is that for this week's Holiday Songs For Saturday. 

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.

And happy holidays, everybody!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...