Friday, December 23, 2022

Your Friday Video Link: Peter Capaldi and the Christmas Truce of World War One


In Peter Capaldi's final performance as the Doctor in the Doctor Who Christmas special "Twice Upon A Time", the adventure ends at a special moment in history during World War I.

One Christmas Eve, soldiers on both sides laid down their guns for a holiday truce wherein the formerly warring armies ate together and sang Christmas carols together.

For Your Friday Video Link, here is Peter Capaldi doing a dramatic reading of some heartfelt correspondence from a soldier about that miraculous day.  



Merry Christmas and God bless us everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...