Saturday, October 14, 2023

Songs For Saturday: Disco Edition! With Donna Summer, ABBA and Paul McCartney



Today's Songs For Saturday play list is dedicated to...

DISCO!

Because apparently I hate all of you?

Anyway...

First of all is Donna Summer with "I Feel Love".  



OK, the good news is I didn't go with the club mix which goes 3 times as long.

Now a couple of things.  As much as disco scarred my childhood in the 1970's, I kind of liked "I Feel Love" by Donna Summer.

1) Hearing Donna's sensuously cooing "I feel love" through my stereo headphones in my hormonally charged adolescent ears was mildly provocative. 

2) The sci-fi comic book geek nerd that I was kind of dug Giorgio Moroder's futuristic synth pop arrangement.  

OK, so I'm on the bridge of the Enterprise and Uhura's moaning in my ear that she feels love and...

Launch photon torpedos! 

Meanwhile...

Here is ABBA with "Gimme! Gimme! Gimmer! (A Man After Midnight)".   


How pervasive was disco? It infect Beatles legend Paul McCartney.  Here's  "Comin' Up"!  


I used to loathed that song with the passion of a thousand suns!

Now I find it quirky and sort of goofy in a not all together irritating way. 

And that is that for this week's Songs For Saturday.

Next week as we move through the month of October and closer to Halloween, next week's play list features songs with the word "Magic" in the title.  

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...