Friday, January 5, 2024

Introducing Cinema Saturday

Tomorrow I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You presents the debut of Cinema Saturday.

So how does Cinema Saturday differ from Cinema Sunday?

Well, one will post on Saturday and the other on Sunday. 

And my work here is done!

Until we meet again!

OK, seriously, what is the deal? 

The thing is I have not only watched a lot of movies over my 60+ years but I continue to do so and quite frankly having 1 regular berth on my blog for talking about movies is just not enough.

My plan is Cinema Saturday will focus on the following categories:

1) Current movies. Anything that I see in the theater or just came out on cable or streaming. Indeed, if it came out in the 21st century and I've seen it, I will write about under the Cinema Saturday banner.

2) Movies from the 1970's through the 1990's which to my mind still feel current and relevant. 

3) Some other 3rd thing. Hey, it's my blog! I reserve the right to do something different from time to time.  

Cinema Sunday will focus on older films from the 1930's to the 1960's.  

Tomorrow I will post the first Cinema Saturday post. 

The Saturday movie posts will feature this graphic: 


The Sunday posts will have this graphic.


I'm looking forward to having twice the opportunities to talk about my love of movies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Here's a Tip: Buy Low, Sell High

In yesterday's post, I wrote about how my parents would eat at Hardee's unless we wanted to be fancy and then we would eat at Wendy&...