Monday, January 22, 2024

What's Cookin', Joe?

Last week, President Joe Biden and I had lunch at Cook Out! 

...

...

OK, NOT at the same time.

Or the same location.   

Here in Greensboro, I had Wednesday off from work and I treated Andrea and I to lunch from Cook-Out. While Cook Out makes a really great hamburger, I am partial to their hot dogs.  

Meanwhile over in Raleigh, President Biden was enjoying a lunch time repast with Governor Roy Cooper at Cook Out.

You might say I treated Biden and Cooper to lunch from Cook-Out. I don't know who picked up the check but as a U.S. federal tax payer AND a North Carolina state tax payer, one or another, that check was on me.

I'm OK with that use of my tax dollars. Cook Out is good eatin'! 



President Biden took time out to pose for some selfies and generally seemed to be having a good time. 

There was some video of the excursion to Cook Out (Biden's, not mine) on Tik Tok and most of the comments were positive, complimenting Biden on getting lunch at Cook Out and his interactions with people there. 

And then there were the trolls, all posting the same comment: "Does he even know where he is?" 

A lot has been made over on right wing media over Biden's alleged cognitive decline.  

At 80 years old, Joe Biden may not be as sharp or energetic as he used to be.  So he talks a little slower but when he talks, it's usually in the form of sentences that have subjects, verbs and meaning. 

Does Joe drop the occasional malapropism or get a detail wrong? Yeah but then good ol' Joe used to do that when he was a younger man.  

The very people who are trying to making hay with the idea that Joe Biden is old and in cognitive decline are the same people with their lips firmly affixed to ample backside of the orange sweaty protoplasmic blob with a propensity for word salads that make absolutely no fucking sense. 

You know what? I do not want to talk about that god-forsaken son of a bitch. Let's keep this post positive.

<Deep breath>

<Deep breath>

"Damn straight, Joe Biden knows where he is, asshole!"

Whoops! Sorry.  Let me try again.  

<Deep breath>

<Deep breath>

President Joe Biden was in North Carolina where he had lunch at Cook Out. Kudos, sir, on your choice for lunch.

Cook Out is good eatin'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Here's a Tip: Buy Low, Sell High

In yesterday's post, I wrote about how my parents would eat at Hardee's unless we wanted to be fancy and then we would eat at Wendy&...