Wednesday, February 15, 2017

ENCORE POST: The Mad Scientist's Lament: What I'm Tired of Hearing

Hi there! Dave-El here, continuing to endure my house arrest here at the Fortress of Ineptitude, still recovering from the shattering of mt left elbow and the subsequent surgery to repair said elbow.  



Yesterday, I had my 1st session with a physical therapist as we work to have me engage in such complex physical feats like reaching above my head, Also, pointing. 

Maybe soon I will have two working arm-themed appendages to facilitate posting to this blog on a regular basis on such urgent topics like whatever dumbass thing Donald Trump did 15 minutes ago. 

In the meantime, here is another Encore post from four years ago; this one originally posted on Friday, March 8, 2013.


The Mad Scientist's Lament: What I'm Tired of Hearing

The topic #ImTiredOfHearing was trending on Twitter on the evening of March 8th and I thought, what the hell? :Let's share that story about my mutated alligators. 


Er, not really mine, they were...ah, here...yes, here when I got...here.


·        #ImTiredOfHearing those blood curdling screams from the basement. Really, how long does it take a mutant alligator to eat 2 teenagers?

·        Also #ImTiredOfHearing my so-called fellow scientists mock my experiments with alligator mutations. There are no useful applications? Ha!


·        And #ImTiredOfHearing banks turn me down for funding of my experiments. "No marketable use for mutated alligators," they said. The nerve!


·        I would say #ImTiredOfHearing my girlfriend whine that I spent too much time on my experiments &not with her. But I fed her to an alligator.


·        I honestly can't say #ImTiredOfHearing my lab assistant say , "Yes, Master, I shall fetch another victim." Some things just never get old.


·        However #ImTiredOfHearing him breaking test tubes & beakers. Dammit, those cost money! Maybe I should feed some of his toes to the alligators?


·        Sometimes #ImTiredOfHearing the snapping & roaring of the mutated alligators in the pit. Oh, why didn't I mutate bunnies? Bunnies are quiet.


·        #ImTiredOfHearing my mother nag me! "You should do something with your life!" "I am, mother! These alligators will not mutate themselves!"


·         #ImTiredOfHearing the voices in my head: "Mutate the alligators! MUTATE THEM!" Shut up, voices! I'm working on it! You're NOT my mother!"


·        Finally #ImTiredOfHearing this police officer read me my rights. Apparently its illegal to feed people to mutated alligators. Who knew?


------------------------------

Thanks for dropping by. And remember to be good to one another. 

Amd I do miss being more of a regular presence on this blog.



Click here for the September 2013 post this graphic 1st appeared.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Easter Explained!

  This Sunday is Easter. And Your Friday Video Link for today is Jim Gaffigan explaining Easter. Sort of.  Don't worry, there's a bu...