Friday, April 7, 2017

To Sleep, Perchance To Not Blog


Hi there! Welcome to I’m so Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a little cumulus blog in the stormed tossed internet sky. I’m Dave-el and it’s a big enough umbrella but it’s always me that ends up getting wet.


So where the hell have I been? Two days without any posts? Whazzup with that?


It’s been raining a lot?


Since my injury and surgery a few months back, my predilection towards sleep has grown. Given a choice between sleep and <insert alternative here>, I will choose sleep. And rainy days don’t make resisting that desire for sleep any easier.  When staring down a blank screen to fill space on this blog, well, I’m sorry, dear reader: the gentle arms of Morpheus are hard to resist.


Last night, the family was due to escape the Fortress of Ineptitude to go attend a concert by the Greensboro Symphony.  The spotlight was on German composers which would've just stoked my urge to invade Poland. I’m not really big on German composers but when you pay what I paid for these tickets ($0.00), I’m not going to be picky. 

However, illness in the family precluded our attending and as I settled down in my bed for an earlier than intended nap, I wasn't too disappointed about missing the concert. Hmmm! Bed! Bed is my friend.  


Speaking of music and getting out of the house, I will be in final rehearsals tomorrow morning for a cantata of Easter music my choir will be performing on Palm Sunday. I will be back in church Thursday evening to perform a solo for the Maundy Thursday service; this is a solemn service that recounts Jesus’s last night before his crucifixion. There’s a dark and somber weight to the proceedings so someone thought, “Hey, how can we make people more depressed?” “Let’s get David to sing.” So that’s where I’ll be next Thursday. I can't let sleep win on those days.  

Oh, and speaking of music and getting out of the house, it appears America lobbed some missiles at Syria. So that's a thing. Not sure what I think about it. 

Probably should just, I don't know, maybe sleep on it? 


OK, that’s all I have for today. Until next time…


Denken Sie daran, gut zueinander zu sein.


Or for those that don’t speak German….


Remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Down Time

"Blog bidness"? Uh oh!  It's a blog post about the blog.  That's never good.   I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You wil...