Thursday, December 7, 2017

Oh, Jerusalem

So, Trump... God help me, that moronic son of a bitch.

I think to save time, I’m just going to cut ‘n’ paste that opening line to every Trump centric post  I make here on I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You.  

But is it strong enough to properly convey my disdain for Li’l Donnie?    

So, Trump... God help me, that moronic son of a bitch.

I think it might be a bit lacking. Let’s try this: 

So, Trump... God help me, that stupid, simpering, cowardly moronic, ignorant, pathetic man-child son of a fucking bitch.

I still feel like I’m going too easy on him, 

So, Trump... God help me, that moronic son of a bitch is once more playing to his base at the expense of U.S. interests and credibility,  

You know how Li’l Donnie is always going on about the United States being caught up in bad deals because the U.S. doesn’t get anything out of it.  But Li’l Donnie, self professed deal maker extraordinaire will make the best deals where the U.S. doesn’t get screwed.  

So what does the United States get out of Trump recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. and eventually moving the U.S. Embassy there? 

The United States gets screwed.  

First of all, we piss off every single country in the world. Not one government on the entire planet recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. 

This is important because the status of Jerusalem is in dispute. Both Israel and the Palestinian have a claim on Israel and until some kind of lasting peace agreement can be worked out, neither side can completely claim Jerusalem as theirs.  

So why does Trump get out of recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. and eventually moving the U.S. Embassy there? 

Others have that same question.  

Dana Allin, International Institute for Strategic Studies: “It’s very difficult to imagine what U.S. interest it serves if you assume it has a basic interest in promoting a peaceful settlement to the conflict,”

Leslie Vinjamuri, associate fellow in U.S. and Americas program at the London-based Chatham House think tank: “It flies in the face of his goal of peace in the region. It’s going to undermine U.S. interests to bring peace and stability to the region."

Yossi Mekelberg, head of the International Relations and Politics Program at Regent's University London: “You’ve prejudiced one of the most sensitive, most delicate, one of the most explosive issues between the Israelis and Palestinians, in the Arab World, in the Muslim world, and all three monotheistic religions in one go. So, well done, Mr. President!”  

Since the 1979 Camp David Accords, American presidents have refused to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel or move the U.S. Embassy. The U.S. approach has been that Jerusalem's status should be negotiated between the Israelis and Palestinians. 

The Palestinians seek the city's eastern sector, captured by Israel in the 1967 Mideast war, as the capital of a future independent state. They fear that Trump's declaration essentially imposes on them a disastrous solution for one of the core issues in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

So why would Trump make such a move? 

Ooh! Ooh! Let me take that one! 

Dave-El, I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You: “He’s a stupid, simpering, cowardly moronic, ignorant, pathetic man-child son of a fucking bitch!”  

Basically, it plays to his base of Bible thumping evangelicals and Muslim hating fear mongerers. 

Leslie Vinjamuri: "He’s made these pledges on the campaign trail and he’s had a lot of criticism that he’s not delivering. It’s driven by domestic politics, he’s speaking to his base.” 

Also, it's the opposite of what Obama would do.    

Leslie Vinjamuri: "It also feeds into his desire to be seen as the anti-Obama by evangelicals and hardliners who saw Obama as too pro-Palestine. He wants to say to his base that he is bringing America back to before Obama. But of course he’s not, because all presidents have recognized the complexity of Jerusalem.”

Of course, it all can come down to the simple madness of King Donnie who does whatever pops into his head or whatever is put their by Sean Hannity, Alex Jones or the gang on Fox & Friends.  

Yossi Mekelberg: “The timing of it, the need for it, baffles most of us. I think we are in a completely in uncharted territory with the Trump administration and that rationality and logical decisions are hard to come by." 

Dana Allin: "Trump's decision appears more impulsive than methodical. I think he promised to do so in his presidential campaign, and he doesn’t see why he shouldn’t go through it.” 

Or to put it another way.  

Dave-El, I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You: “He’s a stupid, simpering, cowardly moronic, ignorant, pathetic man-child son of a fucking bitch!”  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: A NewsRadio Security Briefing

Recently my Tik Tok feed has been sending me clips from the classic 1990's NBC sitcom NewsRadio. I don't know why. I mean, I really ...