Wednesday, April 24, 2019

It's My Birthday, Dammit!


Hello there!

 

Welcome to I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a Teen Titans Go blog in an Avengers internet.

 

I’m Dave-El, the Kryptonian name of David Long and today is my birthday. I’m going to be 56 damn years old and right now, I’m feeling every damn second of it.

 

I’m not a fan of birthdays, especially my own.

 

So here are some other reasons to celebrate April 24th.

 

It’s Concord Day in Niger which I suppose is a celebration Concord grape jam.

 

Democracy Day  is what they call today in Nepal. I am admittedly not up to speed on the political situation in Nepal so I’m not sure if this is a day of celebration (“Yay! We have democracy!”) or mourning (“Remember when we used to have democracy?”) or wistfulness (“You know, some democracy would be nice. Maybe one day.”) 

 

Kapyong Day is today in Australia and in Canada. “Kapyong!” is the sound made by a boomerang striking a maple doughnut. 

 

It’s also National Panchayati Raj Day in India. So if you’re in India, be sure to enjoy some Panchayati Raj today. 

 

And it’s Republic Day in Gambia. It does not sound like a get down and party sort of day. 

 

And it’s World Day for Laboratory Animals. Be mindful of laboratory mice who are trying to take over the world.

 

And it’s my birthday.

 

Dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...