Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Welcome To October 1st


Today is October 1st.

 

The 1st official day of fall was about a week ago. Surely with the official arrival of October, we can clearly say that fall is here, right? 

 

The day time high temperature for the next couple of days is 90 degrees. Or higher.

 

The leaves on the trees here in central North Carolina remain as green as they are in the heart of summer.

 

When will fall actually fall upon us?

 

Forecasts says the weather will be more fall-like this weekend.

 

I will believe it when I feel it.

 

It’s the first of October and I’m still wearing short sleeve shirts.

 

When will it finally be cool enough to pair plaid skirts with fall fashion tights?

 

Wait.

What?

 

OK, I personally don’t do that but if wanted to, when will it be cool enough to do that? 

 

Welcome to October 1st. Eventually, summer might actually be over. But not today.

 

 

Coming up on the I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You blog thing:

 

Tomorrow, part three of my series on the TV series M*A*S*H. 

 

The day after tomorrow, another post on TV of more recent vintage. Andrea and I watched the series premieres of Stumptdown and Perfect Harmony. I’ll have thoughts about that on Thursday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: Woman Haters - The Debut of the Three Stooges

Today's Cinema Sunday post is about a short film that began a big impact on American pop culture.   Debuting on May 5, 1934, exactly 90 ...