Thursday, April 15, 2021

Random Stuff

In Monday's post about getting the COVID-19 vaccine, I may have been a bit cavalier about the side effects.

While I've had some low level aches (which is pretty much my status quo), my wife Andrea got hit a bit harder. She wasn't feeling well at all on Monday but she still powered through her work day. But when she got off work and checked her temperature, she was running a fever of 101 degrees.  Thankfully, the fever broke soon after but the body aches and nausea continued on so bad, she called in sick Tuesday and Wednesday.

In Tuesday's post, I commented that Aaron Rodger's turn as guest host of Jeopardy was OK but didn't see him as the next permanent host. Apparently, I am alone in that opinion. 

I have seen numerous entertainment posts that Aaron is doing an exceptional job and is making a strong case to be new host of Jeopardy. 

I will concede Aaron is a nice guy and he as an affable sort of charm but I'm just not seeing what everybody else is seeing in the guy. Maybe he's benefiting from coming right after the incredibly wrong in so many ways Dr. Oz. 

I have not commented on the trial of police officer Derek Chauvin for killing George Floyd last summer. It does seem like the prosecution has made a solid case for conviction and that the defense is not at all solid. 

But we've been down this road before. We've seen cases before of a police officer using excessive force against an African American man with overwhelming evidence only to see the officer acquitted.  

If justice is served and Derek Chauvin is convicted, it will be an exception to what has gone before. 

Apropos of nothing, I have also not commented on the recent death of Prince Phillip. It's because of Prince Phillip that Andrea started watching The Crown because Matt Smith was cast as Phillip in seasons 1 and 2 and Andrea will watch anything with Matt Smith. Matt has moved on and we're still stuck watching The Crown. 

I found it amusing that when the BBC decided to forego their regular programming for a 24 hour royal death watch, the BBC received a shit ton of complaints. And I totally get that. Really, once the man is dead, what more can be said?

"You are watching the BBC. At this hour, Prince Phillip continues to be dead. And the penguin on top of your telly will explode." 

OK, that's all I've got for today. Until next time, remember to be good to one another.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

An April 24th Birthday Post

I was born on April 24, 1963 which makes me 61 years old today. But I am not quite frankly that interesting and I'm not exactly where I ...