Saturday, April 17, 2021

Songs For Saturday: Prince, the Police and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

 


For today's Songs For Saturday, our play list features songs that start at super fast tempo and then stay there, an unrelenting super fast rhythm from start to finish.  

Let'd kick things off with Prince and the Revolution with "I Would Die 4 U" 



"I Would Die 4 U" is the 4th single from the classic Prince album Purple Rain.  

Up next is another song that starts fast and does not let up. From the Police, here is "Synchronicity I".  




If you want to get real deep,  "Synchronicity I" features lyrics that are inspired by Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity. Also included in the lyrics is a term from "The Second Coming," "Spiritus Mundi" (translating to "spirit of the world"), which William Butler Yeats used to refer to the collective unconscious, another of Jung's theories. 

If you don't want to get to deep, "Synchronicity I" sure does go fast, don't it?

Rounding our play list for today is this song from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Zero".




"Zero" was named the best track of 2009 by both the New Musical Express (NMEand Spin magazines.

And that is that for today's Songs For Saturday. Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

An April 24th Birthday Post

I was born on April 24, 1963 which makes me 61 years old today. But I am not quite frankly that interesting and I'm not exactly where I ...