Thursday, April 14, 2022

So Gilbert Gottfried Is Dead Now

So Gilbert Gottfried is dead now and the world clearly does not want us to have good things.

I remember watching Gilbert way back in the day, making a living as a comedian with the annoying voice.

It shouldn’t have worked but it did and everyone loved him for it.

I am glad to hear that he didn’t always talk that way, that he had a normal voice that was not tiger claws on a chalkboard.

I’m linking to a clip from You Tube of Gilbert’s iconic turn in a Disney animated film, as the parrot Iago in Aladdin.




Iago wasn’t just Gilbert’s voice but his attitude as well. It was a perfect role for Gilbert.


Many years ago, Gilbert shared hosting duties for a program on the USA cable network called “Up All Night”, a showcase for low budget schlock movies.

I feel bad now to admit it but I was always disappointed when it was Gilbert’s turn to host since I primarily tuned in for Rhonda Shear.


C'mon! Can you blame me? 

Anyway, people who should be dead are still walking the planet and sucking up our air while another good guy is gone way too soon.

Click here and here for remembrances of Gilbert from Ken Levine and Mark Evanier.   

Let's close out with a classic bit of Gilbert Gottfried on the Hollywood Squares.


If you don't think this is funny, well, "YOU FOOL!!""  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...