Saturday, April 16, 2022

Songs For Saturday: Classical Edition

 


Today Songs For Saturday is getting all classical up in here.

After last weekend's Cinema Sunday post about 2001: A  Space Oddessey, let's check with the BBC Proms of 2012 from the Royal Albert Hall as Juanjo Mena leads the BBC Philharmonic in Strauss's "Also Sprach Zarathustra".



I've posted this one on a previous Songs For Saturday but I simply cannot get enough of this performance. 

 From Beethoven's  "Moonlight" Sonata III, here is Valentina Lisitsa with "Presto Agitato".



Antonio Vivaldi's The Four Seasons is my perhaps my favorite classical work.  Performing from the Summer section of that composition is violinist Sarah Chang.  


As we began today's play list with the BBC Philharmonic at a BBC Proms, so shall we end it with a performance that shows classical composition is not just a relic of the past. Performing one of my favorite compositions by Murray Gold for Doctor Who,  here is "I Am the Doctor" from the 2013 BBC Proms.  



Speaking of Doctor Who, there is a new episode tomorrow and I'll be posting about it on the blog on Wednesday.

In the meantime, I hoped you've enjoyed today's classical selections. 

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...