Saturday, April 9, 2022

Songs For Saturday: Music From Pretty Woman

 




Welcome to Songs For Saturday, my weekly posting of my eclectic tastes in music.

After this past Sunday's Cinema Sunday post on Pretty Woman, I thought I would post some music from the the Pretty Woman sound track that I like.

Leading us off is Go West with "The King of Wishful Thinking",   



"Real Wild Child (Wild One)" has been covered by a lot of artists. For the Pretty Woman soundtrack, this version is performed by Christopher Otcasek.   



This next song may be my favorite track from the movie. It plays over the scene where Edward flies Vivian to San Francisco on his private jet to see an opera there.   This is "Fallen"  by Lauren Wood.   



Thanks for listening, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive. 

But wait a minute! How can I do a blog post on the music of Pretty Woman without featuring Roy Orbison's "Pretty Woman"?

Let's close out today's post with a live version of this classic tune from 1987 where Roy is back by  Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, James Burton, Glen D. Hardin, Tom Waits, kd lang, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, JD Souther, T Bone Burnett, Steven Soles, and Jennifer Warnes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...