Monday, May 23, 2022

Corey Marion

Under the heading of "the wrong people keep dying", I found out that Corey Marion has died.

Corey was a guy I knew from church. We sang in the choir together. He had a great singing voice and having him sing next to me help me find my notes.  

Corey was a friend to me when I needed one. We went out to dinner a few times, just the two of us, just talking about life and stuff. He was a bit of a nerd so we could talk about Marvel movies, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars and more. 

We hadn't done that for a few years. Some shit got in the way. My fall and stroke in 2017 got in the way then his diagnosis of cancer after that. The COVID 19 pandemic fucked up things as well.

But the blunt truth was I let time get away from me and I didn't stay in touch as well as I should have.

Corey was a better friend to me than I ever was to him. 

Which has frequently been the way in most of my relationships.

As I write this, trying to process the cruel and almost unfathomable information that Corey Marion is no longer living in this world, I find myself wondering about the inequities of the world.

Why is a good man like Corey Marion dead?

Why are so many men who are not good still drawing breath in this world?

Corey was a good man who genuinely loved his wife, his children. He loved what he did for a living and he loved his hobbies of building Star Wars models and his passion for classic cars and his N C State Wolfpack football and basketball teams. 

Corey Marion is gone and I am not all right with that.

I do not expect I will ever be all right with that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback Thursday: Here's a Tip: Buy Low, Sell High

In yesterday's post, I wrote about how my parents would eat at Hardee's unless we wanted to be fancy and then we would eat at Wendy&...