Wednesday, October 16, 2019

My "Not Dead Yet" Report

Well, it's been a rough stretch of days here at the Fortress of Ineptitude. My recent spate of illness that began on Friday marched into Tuesday worse than ever.  

My chest congestion was worse than ever. My sinus pain was worse than ever. My throat was raw and sore with even the simple act of swallowing a drink of water inducing intense pain.  

I was in hell. 

Andrea drove me to the doctor whose immediate diagnosis was, "You look like you're in hell."

Which is a good thing 'cause that was the look I was going for. 

He prescribed an antibiotic that has worked OK.  

My chest congestion is still there but I can clear it with a couple of moderate coughs.  

My sinuses still hurt but not so much that I want to take sledgehammer to my face. 

My throat is sore but I can consume food and drink without feeling like I'm swallowing shards of glass. 

Small steps but at least they are steps forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: The Man Who Knew Too Much

"A" is for April. And "A" is for Alfred.   As in Alfred Hitchcock. As April draws to a close, Cinema Sunday's Alfred...