Saturday, October 19, 2019

Well, It’s Saturday.


Did we miss Friday?



 

Looks like we did.


Well, it’s Saturday.


Anyway…

 

It was Friday a week ago that the sickness began to fall upon me.

 

It started off slow with a vague sense of body aches topped off with a fistful of hurt for my face; and it began to grow as other symptoms made themselves known with a persistent hacking cough pounding in futility at the congestion in my chest. I was in the grip of a good ol’ case of bronchitis. 

 

Yay.

 

I missed work Monday and Tuesday. I was able to work the rest of the week but I did so from home, here at the Fortress of Ineptitude.

 

I’m not a big fan of working from home for the most part. Home is where my  bed is and I ever so much long for a good long nap. But even though I was well enough to work, I was still had a hacking cough like a pack a day smoker. I presume no one at my office wanted to hear any of that.  

 

As I write this, the cough is admittedly less frequent and I’m more than a little edgy with cabin fever with my continual exile here at the Fortress.

 

And maybe, just maybe, I can string more than a couple of words together on a blog post that’s not about my health or lack thereof.

 

I think tomorrow I’ll finally finish the series on M*A*S*H.

 

From there, who knows.

 

Remember to be good to one another.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: The Man Who Knew Too Much

"A" is for April. And "A" is for Alfred.   As in Alfred Hitchcock. As April draws to a close, Cinema Sunday's Alfred...