Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Some Days....


I didn’t post something to my blog yesterday.
 
It wasn’t for lack of things to pontificate about.
 
I remember this line from an issue of All Star Comics back in the 1970s. Alan Scott, the Green Lantern of Earth 2 and member of the Justice Society of America, is having a hard time with life. Various personal struggles are weighing on him and he feels lost and overwhelmed.  At one point, he opines, “It’s not that I want life to go my way; I just want it to go.”
 
When I was wee lad of a Dave-El, that line made an impact on me. It echoed my frustrations with my life at that time. Those frustrations have followed me into the future as I draw nearer to my senior years.
 
“It’s not that I want life to go my way; I just want it to go.”
 
Yesterday was one of those days.
 
It’s not that I don’t have something to do. It’s not even that I don’t know what needs to be done.
 
But sometimes I have a very hard time making me do those things. 
 
It’s very frustrating, having this strong need to do something and yet, somehow, lacking whatever it takes to move forward, to get things done. 
 
Today is slightly better.  I can put ideas into words and words into sentences. 
 
As I’ve noted before on this blog, some days are worse than others.
 
And by default, some days are better than others, I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...