Wednesday, November 13, 2019

I Tell You Again, “Ain’t Nothing Gonna Happen"



So here's the big headline on Politico.Com right now:



Here's the opening two paragraphs of this story.

Donald Trump called a U.S. diplomat and close GOP associate in July for an update on efforts to push Ukraine to investigate his Democratic adversaries, a witness in the House’s impeachment inquiry revealed Wednesday.

The existence of the call — relayed by William Taylor, the top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine, during the first public hearing since the inquiry began — delivered Democrats an explosive new detail and underscored the depth of Trump’s fixation with targeting the Bidens, as well as his alleged effort to exploit a U.S. ally at war with Russia in order to boost his 2020 reelection campaign.

Here's the headline on I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You:
“AIN’T NOTHING GONNA HAPPEN”

Look, I'm sorry to remain so cynical but I've seen these breathless proclamations one time too many.

Oh, we've got the dirt on this lying fat bastard for sure!

Oh hell yeah, we're gonna impeach the motherfucker!!!

And I sigh and I take a deep breath and I tell you once again:

“Ain’t nothing gonna happen.”

Big deal if facts are on our side.

Big deal if the truth is on our side.

We had more than enough facts in front of us in 2016 that Donald Trump was nothing more than an ignorant, lying con man and he still won the election.

We had the truth of our eyes and ears over the last three years that Trump is not fit for the office of President of the United State and despite the utter obviousness of that truth, he remains in power.

Damning new evidence...blah...blah....blah....


“Ain’t nothing gonna happen.”

I hope I'm wrong.

It would be so nice for truth to prevail for once but...

My heart is hardened against such hope.


“Ain’t nothing gonna happen.”
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Ncuti Gatwa Explains Doctor Who

Well, we're getting closer now.  Next Friday on Disney+, we're going to get not one but TWO all new episodes of Doctor Who . Your Fr...