Saturday, November 2, 2019

Our World Series Champion Washington Nationals & Some Other Random Stuff


So how about the Washington Nationals, huh? Congratulations to the new World Series champions! 



Kind of  weird World Series with no team winning at home. The Nats aced the Astros in Houston for the first two games.

Then Houston put the kibosh on the Nats for three more games in a row when the series moved to Washington, going from 2 games down to one game up. It looked like the Astros had found their groove. 

But back in Houston, the Nationals forces a game 7 then took that too!


So the Washington Nationals win the World Series for the first time in ever.


Good news! You’re the champions of major league baseball.


Bad news! You’re going to White House.


Donald Trump’s already putting in his order with McDonald’s. 


I brought home lunch from McDonald’s yesterday. Andrea’s sick so I nipped out to pick up her prescriptions from the drugstore which is right next to a McDonald’s.

"McDonald's! Because We're Here and What the Hell?"  


Andrea loves their buttermilk crispy chicken tenders. They are quite tasty.


I got a Quarter Pounder with cheese. No pickle. Because pickles are evil.


I imagine the champion Washington Nationals will have to pick the pickles off of their burgers. 


I just realized something. Donald Trump doesn’t like vegetables. What if he also doesn’t like pickles on his burgers?


Oh my God! What if I have something in common with Donald Trump?!?


Oh please God, if you do exist (and with Trump in the White House, I do have my doubts), please let there be pickles on Donald Trump’s hamburgers.  

Speaking of Li'l Donnie, the son of a bitch got booed at a World Series game for a second time. No, his fat ass was not personally at the game but during the 7th game, a Donald Trump campaign ad played on the jumbotron and damned, if the crowd didn't let loose a loud chorus of boos.

OK, game 5, a bunch of Washington liberal Democrats were packing the stands, right? I just know Donald or one of his minions used that logic to dismiss the booing on Sunday night. 

But game 7 was in frickin' Texas. Trump getting booed in Texas? Man, there may be hope for the world yet.  

On to another topic.....


Halloween did not happen here at the Fortress of Ineptitude on Thursday. A big honking row of thunderstorms tore through our neck of the woods right when kids would’ve been out trick or treating.   


I’ve got a big bowl of Snickers. What, oh pray tell what, is a boy to do?


Today is the last day of Daylight Savings Time. The clocks jump back an hour tonight and we’re on standard time.


The thing is standard time is NOT standard. Over the course of a year in the United States, we spend more time on Daylight Savings Time than we do on the so called Standard Time which makes the alleged Standard the exception, not the standard.


Everyone gripes about time changes. There’s no good reason for it and really, it should just stop.


But most gripes about time change are a bit muted in the fall because we get that glorious wonderful extra hour of sleep.


Unless you’re working the late shift.  Way back in the day when I worked the overnight shift in radio, the time change in the fall meant I had to stay awake one extra hour. 


These days, I can’t imagine staying up all night on purpose.


I mean, in my later aging years, I can and have stayed up all night but not on purpose. Usually some combination of restlessness, anxiety or depression will occasion keep me away from slumber in the middle of the night. Now let me near a bed at 2 or 3 in the afternoon and I will sleep like a rock.


Anyway, congratulation to our World Series champion Washington Nationals!


Until next time, remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...