Saturday, October 2, 2021

Songs For Saturday: U2, B-52s and Roxy Music

 



Today, Songs For Saturday is getting really mellow.

For this first weekend of October, here is the title track from October by U2. 

Which I think is just Bono at a piano.  



Here is another track were vocals take a back seat. From Cosmic Thing, here are the B'52's  with "Follow Your Bliss".


Ostensibly an instrumental, there are some vocal harmonies provided by Kate Pierson but not by Cindy Wilson.  Kate is joined by Sara Lee, the group's bassist who also provides keyboards for this track.   

Finishing off today's mellow vibe is the closing track from Avalon by Roxy Music with Tara.



Wow, I feel so relaxed.

I think I'll go take a nap. 

I think for next week's Songs For Saturday, I'll pump up the jam a bit with some songs with a bit more energy.

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Doctor Who Is CLASSIC: Kinda

Today is another installment of my semi regular series of posts, Doctor Who Is CLASSIC !   This is where I post about episodes from the clas...