Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Only Murders In the Building

 



Last week, I had this to say after posting about the season finale of Star Trek: Lower Decks:

TO. BE. CONTINUED?!?!?

REALLY?!?!

<deep breath>

Tonight is the season finale for Only Murders In the Building.

They better not hurt me! Do NOT leave me hanging on who killed Tim Kono until next season!  

OK, so the season finale for Only Murders In the Building do not hurt me. 

AND it did! 

So here's the dealio: the murder of Tim Kono is solved! 

We know whodunit and howdunit and whydunit and...

quite frankly, the resolution is heartbreaking.

The who was someone we knew and liked.

And turns out to be as crazy. Like maniacal Joker levels of crazy. 

The resolution is funny as hell.

Charles (Steve Martin) gets poisoned. 

Spoiler alert: he gets better. (Steve's in the opening credits as the star, executive producer and creator of the show. So well duh.) 

But before he gets better, the poison paralyzes him. Mostly.

Mostly in that he can't walk but he flops around like a fish.

Mostly in that he can't talk but he can make gurgling sounds. 

He gets whacked in the crotch repeatedly by elevator doors.

Residents in the Arconia just assume he's drunk and ignore him. (New Yorkers, man, am I right?)  

There's a great scene where Charles heroically shakes off the poison, stands up and makes a stirring speech.

Cut back in time a minute and Charles is still just squirming and making gurgling sounds. 

But it all works out. The killer's final plot is foiled when Oliver (Martin Short) takes "the thing out of the other thing to stop the stuff from getting into the thing" to keep the whole damn building from exploding. 

Yay! The day is saved! 

The murderer of Tim Kono will face justice and Charles, Oliver and Mabel are NOT going to be evicted as they deliver a satisfying end to their pod cast. 

Oh good! The season finale for Only Murders In the Building did not hurt me. All's well that end's well.

Except.   

Except...

Uh oh! 

There is ANOTHER murder in the building. 

And the police perp walk Charles, Oliver and Mabel out of the Arconia, arrested as suspects in the murder.

It doesn't help matters that Mabel was found over the victim's body, covered in blood and holding the murder weapon, one of her own knitting needles.

And we fade out.

And WHAT?!?! 

Oh NOW you're gonna hurt me! The season finale for Only Murders In the Building really, really hurt me a lot. 

I HATE Only Murders In the Building! 

I HATE Steve Martin!! 

I HATE Hulu!!!

I HATE television!!!!

I HATE Philo Farnsworth who invented television!!!!!

Whose dumb ass idea was it to watch Only Murders In the Building?  Oh, it was mine. 

I guess (choke) I hate (sob) myself most... most of all...

<sigh>

I guess I should be grateful that Only Murders In the Building was renewed for a 2nd season and there will a resolution to all of this.

But when? Television production moves so slowly these days. 

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and try to keep it down in there, would ya? I'm trying to watch TV over here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

News of the World: Storms and War and Other Things

Over the weekend, really bad weather hit the mid west United States with tornadoes.  A LOT of tornadoes. And VERY BIG tornadoes.  One really...