Thursday, October 21, 2021

My Work Day

 I am for the nonce still gainfully employed and remain grateful to be so engaged in my job.  

I get up each morning, greeting each brand new day as a gift, to be embraced with joy and optimism.  



I go about my work day with a clear eyed understanding of my goals, confident in my skills and knowledge to be a complete and helpful asset to my employer.   



At the end of a hard day's work, done well and with vigor, I face the open possibilities of my personal life, eager to do new things, to have new experiences.

Oh, forget all that.  

Yeah, I'm ready to retire.

I might need to eat tree bark and live in a cardboard box but yeah...

I'm ready to retire.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

News of the World: Storms and War and Other Things

Over the weekend, really bad weather hit the mid west United States with tornadoes.  A LOT of tornadoes. And VERY BIG tornadoes.  One really...