Dave-El here and seven days have rolled 'round the calendar to bring us back to another Doctor Who Weekend post.
For the last two weeks I have inflicted installments of a fan fiction I call The Son of the Master. As I've stated before, the events of the Master's return in the two part finale of Doctor Who Series Eight do not impact what's going on in this story.
Yes, The Son of the Master takes place after the events of those episodes. But that may lead one to ask why hasn't the Doctor said anything along the lines "How can the Master be a head in a jar over here and in the form of a regenerated woman over there?"
I actually have a very thorough and comprehensive answer to that question.
- The Doctor really hasn't had anyone to say that to. I guess if Clara was around that may have come up but so far the Doctor's interacting with people created for this story so no one to voice that inquiry to.
- Well, except maybe to the Master himself but the Doctor isn't going to reveal possible spoilers to the Master about his future even if he trusted him.
- And he doesn't trust him. Head in a jar or no, the Doctor is right to be wary of the Master and what information he discusses with him.
- And possibly the Doctor hasn't asked the question because it doesn't need asking. Perhaps the Doctor has sussed out what's up with the Master as a head in a jar.
And at last...
View expands: we're in the Sector 8 labs with the Doctor conversing with the Master's head.
The Doctor: Liam! Nooooooooo!
----to be continued------
- Adam Masterson is dead! Long live Adam Masterson!
- Father and son, united to claim Earth as their prize!
- The future is ever closer as death claims another.
It's Episode Four of,,,
The Son of the Master
See you here next Sunday.
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You