Tuesday, November 14, 2017

And Next Week Is Thanksgiving?


It’s hard for me to fathom this but next week is Thanksgiving. After what has been a long, painful slog through 2017, it’s weird that Thanksgiving is so close so quickly.
 
11 months ago, my mother was in a nursing home dying and I was lying in a parking lot with a shattered elbow.  Since my mother’s death (which I still have trouble processing that reality), I’ve had two surgeries on my elbow and several months of physical therapy. I was diagnosed as having a stroke with two procedures to determine the source of that stroke…which found nothing.
 
I also had kidney stones.
 
And then, somebody got it in their head I might have sleep apnea so I did a sleep study and guess what? I have sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing in your sleep. God forbid I should die peacefully in my sleep so I’m told I have to use a C-PAP machine so that won’t happen. But hey, it’ll do wonders for me, I’m told. I will get a good, solid restful sleep through the night and be less tired during the day. Well, halle-firckin’-lujah!
 
And I now have a C-PAP machine which has done fuck all of nothing for me. I’ve tried 2 different masks and so far, I have not slept one damn minute plugged in to this machine. Meanwhile, I still spend every day fighting the urge to go back to bed and sleep.
 
Right now, if I had half a chance, I would go home and crawl under the covers. Really! 
 
How much of that is physical and how much of that is mental? Who knows? I can’t tell. 
 
And next week is Thanksgiving? Fuck! How can that be?
 
And don’t get me started that every single damn day that I wake up to the soul sucking dread that Donald trump is President. I have not gotten used to that. I will not get used to that!
 
Trump is President?

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Yep, with all the personal shit I’ve gone through this year, Trump still pisses me off!

And the morons who made it happen! Fucking pisses me off!
 
And next week is Thanksgiving? Fuck that!
 
And I’m so glad my suffering amuses you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Doctor Who Is On the Way

 The news broke last week at that the new season of Doctor Who will be debut on Saturday May 11th on the BBC. Doctor Who on Saturday as it...