Sunday, November 12, 2017

Doctor Who: The Look of the Future



This was released this week by the BBC: Jodie Whittaker’s ensemble as the Doctor.

 So, what do I think? 


Image result for doctor who jodie whittaker






I don’t like the pants.


Culottes? Really?


And I don’t like the color of the pants. Which are culottes.


Culottes? Really?   

Otherwise, I think I’m OK with this. It’s a move away from the more monochromatic outfits of the modern Who era and more of a homage to the more colorful ensembles of classic Who.  

I take this as a visual cue that Whitaker’s Doctor won’t be taking herself too seriously. Which is a good thing for the Doctor.

I read one review that said, “This looks like the sort of thing a man might wear if he suddenly turned into a woman. “

Good point. Would a Time Lord who’s been a man for over 2,000 years have a clue how a woman should dress? 

I’m thankful the Doctor didn’t emulate Amy or Clara.  No mini-skirts for the Doctor!  

And no culottes either.

Culottes? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Easter Explained!

  This Sunday is Easter. And Your Friday Video Link for today is Jim Gaffigan explaining Easter. Sort of.  Don't worry, there's a bu...