Friday, November 17, 2017

Just Us Leaguers

Justice League is HERE! Yay!
 
And the reviews are out and.....
 
OK, not so much with the "yay". 
 
OK, here's the gist of the reviews of Justice League.
  • Not as good as Wonder Woman.
    • Well, how could it be?
  • Not as bad as Batman Vs. Superman.
    • Well, how could it NOT be?  
Against the very low bar set by BvS, Justice League does not suck... that badly.


A lot of reviews point to the bad guy as a muddled CGI mess with a so-so chase the MacGuffin plot.


The reviews do agree that Gal Gadot is great (again!) as Wonder Woman and James Momoa's Aquaman is awesome. Justice League is leaner (just a hair under two hours long) and lighter (solid characters with moments of humor) as opposed to the bloated slog that was Batman Vs. Superman. 


I still plan to see this. Yes, I'm a DC fanboy at heart which was enough to drag me to see Batman Vs. Superman.  How can I not go see Justice League with uplifting kudos like "it does not completely suck".  


They should put that on the movie posters.


Justice League!
It Does Not Completely Suck!


High praise, indeed!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: A NewsRadio Security Briefing

Recently my Tik Tok feed has been sending me clips from the classic 1990's NBC sitcom NewsRadio. I don't know why. I mean, I really ...