Tuesday, June 25, 2019

A Single Definable Thing


Hi there! It’s me, Dave-El!


Not dead.


OK, sorry for the drama of last week’s post. But seriously, I cannot overstate just how overwhelmingly tired I was last week, physically, mentally and emotionally.


My wife and daughter suspected I might have Hypothyroidism. All my symptoms were checking off all the boxes for Hypothyroidism with alarming alacrity.  


I sort of hoped they were right. “Here’s this thing that’s causing all your problems. We know what it is. We can do something about it.”


Having something to hang a hat on to explain my bone crushing fatigue would be a sort of relief.


I met with my doctor Thursday morning. No, it’s not Hypothyroidism.  Hypothyroidism does not work that way.


Well, of course it doesn’t. God forbid I should have a handy-dandy definable disease to be the cause of what ails me. 


My doctor figured it was a virus. An elevated white blood cell count seemed to bear that out.


By the way, other than the elevated white blood cell count, nothing else was amiss.


Well, that’s a fine how do you do.


OK, apparently I’m bitching about being healthy? Really?


The thing is I don’t feel healthy. I hurt all over. I’m tired a lot. Sometimes, like last week, I’m more tired. And that’s just the physical side of things.


Jesus, don’t get me started on my mental state. 


If there was a thing, a single definable thing that made sense of all the other hurts and pains, I think I could fight that.

When it’s all just a lot of little things, that’s much harder to fight. 


Anyway….


I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You is back in business.


In a couple of days, a post on Toy Story 4.


Until next time, remember to be good to one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Star Wars Movies

  Today is May 4th which leads to "May the 4th be with you" which makes this Star Wars Day.  So today's Cinema Saturday will b...