Monday, June 3, 2019

Happy Birthday, Andrea.


Today is June 3rd which is my wife’s birthday.


Happy birthday, Andrea!


Now if Mary Poppins taught me anything, a gentleman does not discuss a woman’s age. So I’m not going to tell you how old she is today.


I will give you a hint: the digits in her age (and in no particular order) are “zero” and “five”.


And you’re get nothing further from me, OK?


Anyway…


I really don’t talk a lot about Andrea here on the blog. 


Andrea and I went on our first date 30 years ago.  Tim Burton’s Batman movie was in theaters back then and we went to see that.  This was all new to Andrea.


I was seeing it for the 3rd time with the 3rd woman. 


That’s right! I was a player! I had on two prior dates over two prior weeks seen this movie with two different women. 


Andrea was the one I married 5 years later.  


So there’s that.


Yes, we’ve been married for 25 years.  Sometimes I will joke that it seems longer.  


No, Andrea doesn’t think it’s funny.


But here’s the thing.


I sucked at being single. You may feel free to dispute that; I just described dating three different women over three successive weekends. It might seem I wasn’t doing too badly.


Well, that three week run was an outlier. Most weekends were lonelier, mark my words on that. 


I really sucked at being single and I really don’t have a lot of distinctive memories from the time in my life. 


I know this is going to sound sappy as hell but it’s like my memories don’t start until I married Andrea.


25 years? Seems longer. Seems like all my life. 


And THAT is as mushy as I am ever going go get.


Happy birthday, Andrea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Star Wars Movies

  Today is May 4th which leads to "May the 4th be with you" which makes this Star Wars Day.  So today's Cinema Saturday will b...