Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Oh Hell! Now What?

Oh hell, now what indeed!


Today, it was a migraine.


Super intense headache, seeing spots, sensitivity to light, nausea (with vomiting, for good measure).


I'm very careful about identifying something as a migraine. I know people who have called a really bad headache a migraine. A migraine is not simply a really bad headache.


My first migraine was when I was a child. It was bad enough for my dad to take me to the hospital. We were poor and didn't have insurance. One did not go to the hospital on a whim. 


I felt bad for the trouble my dad was going through but the jackhammer going off in my skull mitigated that guilt somewhat. If my dad had any doubts about the intensity and veracity of my level of pain, throwing up in the waiting room probably mitigated those doubts as well. 


I was given a very large pill to take. I wasn't sure I could swallow it. I was told that would not be a problem.


Wait! I gotta put this large pill where?


I was in misery. I gotta shove a large pill up my ass? Fine! Let's shove a large pill up my ass!


I remember very distinctly how quickly and how dramatically I felt so much better and then I was out like a light.  


It was the 1970s. Drugs solved everything.


Back to the present....


I had resolved at the beginning of this week that this week would be the one without any health drama.


So much for that plan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: Woman Haters - The Debut of the Three Stooges

Today's Cinema Sunday post is about a short film that began a big impact on American pop culture.   Debuting on May 5, 1934, exactly 90 ...