Monday, June 17, 2019

Another Lost Weekend

"Well, at least you've got your health." 

For the last couple of months, NO, it seems like I don't got my health.

This past weekend was another one lost to being sick.

This one was weird.

Starting last Wednesday, I became aware that I was losing my appetite. I could barely finish my lunch and I didn't finish dinner. Thursday was more of the same. By Friday, my appetite wasn't just diminished but was completely gone; I felt zero need or desire for food. 

Friday evening after I came home from work, everything came crashing down.  Crawling under the covers fully clothed, my body was convulsing with intense shivering. I was freezing like I was bare ass naked on an ice flow. 

After an hour of that, I finally warmed up enough to stop shivering. But I was still in misery. I went from intense chills to hot flashes. I had stomach cramps.  This went on for several hours before things settled down enough for me to nibble on some wheat crackers and sip on some Sprite. 

Over the course of Saturday and Sunday, it took me awhile to train my body to eat as my appetite slowly returned. Meanwhile, I still had recurring episodes of chills and hot flashes. 

As I write this on Sunday evening to post on Monday, I do not know what the hell I went through. I'm hoping I've pushed my self through to the other side of whatever the hell it was. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Star Wars Movies

  Today is May 4th which leads to "May the 4th be with you" which makes this Star Wars Day.  So today's Cinema Saturday will b...