Thursday, April 16, 2020

It's What I Call a Cruel Irony

I recently lamented that unlike others in quarantine who had time to binge TV shows, catch up on reading or watch movies, my "work from home" was keeping my as busy as ever and I was actually falling behind on some stuff that I followed. 

That I should have lamented that is what I call a cruel irony. .

As of yesterday, I don't have a job. 

It feels weird and more than a bit surreal, like its a bad dream and I'll wake up in the morning, drag myself from my bed, down the hall to my job.  

But nope, it's real. 

And it's not just me. About five dozen people had their positions eliminated. One of those people is perhaps the one person who had a chance to pick up the various projects I will leave behind. 

We were texting earlier wondering who the hell was going to do our jobs.

Well, no sense worrying about it. It's not our job anymore. 

The very same day I found out my employment status, I saw this image on Facebook.



It is what I call a cruel irony. 

It hurts that this has happened. I had hoped to be able to retire from this company one day.  

But it is  what is and I think I and my family will be fine, at least for the immediate future. 

Y'all take care and be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

News of the World: Storms and War and Other Things

Over the weekend, really bad weather hit the mid west United States with tornadoes.  A LOT of tornadoes. And VERY BIG tornadoes.  One really...