Saturday, October 3, 2020

Songs For Saturday: The Cardigans with Tom Jones, U2 and the Go-Go's

 

Bat Head Phones? Ready! 

Volume? Jacked! 

Let's do this thing! 


SONGS FOR SATURDAY..... AWAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

A few weeks ago, I discovered this cover of the Talking Heads' "Burning Down the House" pairing up the Cardigans with Tom Jones. This song is my latest jam! 



Click here for the original take on "Burning Down the House" by the Talking Heads. 

Next up is a track from my favorite rock band, U2. This is a track that comes from an era that's difficult for a lot of U2 fans. The band was embracing electronic dance pop as part of their repertoire. Today I'm including the song "Lemon" which is a stand out composition from this era and one that I like to listen to a lot. 



"Midnight is where the day begins..." 

I'm not a big fan of U2 from this time but damn, I love the hell out of "Lemon". 

I've let a couple of weeks go without the Go-Go's. 

Performing live on TODAY (September 15, 2020), here are the The Go-Go’s with “We Got the Beat”. 




And they still got the beat, babies!

That's that for this week's Songs For Saturday. Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: It's a Beavis & Butthead Renaissance

  This image below has been making the rounds on social media following this past weekend's Saturday Night Live. It's Mikey Day and ...