Saturday, October 10, 2020

Songs For Saturday: Van Halen

This week saw the passing of Eddie Van Halen from cancer at age 65.



As the founder of the band Van Halen, Eddie was an consummate guitar legend in rock 'n' roll. Today's Songs For Saturday will spotlight 4 of my favorite songs from Van Halen.

Up first is the hit that broke big for Van Halen back in the 1980s. Let's jump into today's play list with "Jump"



My girlfriend in college thought Eddie was so cute in this video. I didn't mind that she called out Eddie's name during sex once; I mean, the son of bitch could really play the hell out of that guitar and yeah, I could see why chicks thought he was cute. 

Up next is a twofer where Eddie shred his guitar like a block of cheddar. It's a mash up of "Eruption" and a cover of the Kinks' classic "You Really Got Me Now".



Up next, we move from the David Lee Roth era to the Sammy Hagar era. I appreciate that David and Sammy had their unique strengths but if you put a gun to my head and demand I pick on over the other, I have to give the edge to Sammy's time on the Van Halen team. 

Let's kick off with a live performance of "Dreams". 



One more track for today's post, Van Halen's "Right Now". 



As much as Eddie Van Halen was a guitar virtuoso, he was also the man at the keyboards as well where he also kicked ass. 

And those are some of my favorite tracks from Van Halen. 

Eddie Van Halen, you rocked with the best of them, setting the standard for a rock 'n' roll guitarist. 

RIP, Eddie! Rock In Peace! 

Everybody out there, remember to stay safe, be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Out Of Office

OK, technically I am in the office. I working at my work-work computer which is within sight of my personal laptop wherein I compose this bl...