Saturday, February 11, 2023

Songs For Saturday From A To Z: Miley Cyrus, Martha and the Vandellas and Sarah McLachlan


The grand A to Z playlist for Songs For Saturday brings us today to the letters P, Q and R.

I was tempted for the letter "P" to go with Weird Al Yankovic's "Party At the CIA" but opted to go with the original. Who would image Miley Cyrus being on my Songs For Saturday play list?  Give it y'all for "Party In The U.S.A." 


For the letter "Q", we've got a classic Motown hit from the 1960's with "Quicksand" by Martha and the Vandellas.  



So next week is Valentine's Day but our song for the letter "R" is Christmas themed.  Covering a classic Joni Mitchell tune called "River" is  Sarah McLachlan.   


Next week, Songs For Saturday From A To Z will feature song titles not for 3 letters but 4 with S, T, U and V.  We're in the home stretch now.  

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive and in alphabetical order.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...