Friday, March 29, 2019

Random Stuff

What's up? 

I suppose I could comment on whatever damn lying fuckery Li'l Donald Trump has been up to in the last week, since yesterday, in the last hour or 5 minutes but you guys know the drill.

BREAKING NEWS!
Donald Trump lied about something 15 minutes ago!  

BREAKING NEWS!
Donald Trump is lying about something right now!  

BREAKING NEWS!
Donald Trump will lie about something 15 minutes from now!  

So you know what? Let's do ourselves a favor and find any damn thing else in the world to talk about. 

TGI Friday's Potato Skins may not actually contain potatoes.  This refers to the potato skin chips that can be found in vending machines around the world which are alleged to contain potato flakes and potato starch but no actual potato skins. 

This allegation is not tied to what I am sure are the completely wholesome and very real potato ingredients that can be found in the potato skins served at your friendly neighborhood TGI Friday's.  

I haven't been inside a Friday's in years. Andrea and I used to go rather regularly; there was a fish & chips dinner on the menu that our daughter Randie would actually eat but then it went away. Personally, I find Friday's a bit overstimulating but I did rather like their hamburgers. 

I have had the TGI Friday's Potato Skins and I didn't need a lawsuit or a scientist's report to tell me there's no actual potato skins in there.  

Next, a real life woman with super powers?   

Jo Cameron, age 71, is a woman who does not feel pain.
Cuts, burns, fractures — these did not hurt either. In fact, it often took the smell of burning flesh or her husband identifying blood for her to notice something wrong. And it's not just an immunity to physical pain. She also never feels anxiety.   

Scientists suspect Ms. Cameron has a genetic mutation

Jo Cameron is Wolverine.  




I can't imagine being without pain, physical or mental. As I get older, I have to plan things, pace myself as I do something simple like stand up or sit down because I know it's gonna hurt. 

And don't get me started on anxiety.  

I am rather jealous of Jo Cameron.  

Elsewhere...

While your area high school theater class is putting on another version of The Crucible, Our Town or (maybe if you go the budget for it) Oklahoma, a high school in New Jersey has taken as taken an interesting turn with a school play based on the 1979 sci-fi horror classic Alien. 

Yes, really!  

And no less than Sigourney Weaver, who played Lieutenant Ellen Ripley in the movie, has endorsed this production.  

Click here for a video clip.  

I bet it gets a lot of attention for theater from people who may not have given the school play a second's thought. 

I want to see a school play based on Spaceballs.  

OK, that's all I got for today. 

Remember to be good to one another.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Ncuti Gatwa Explains Doctor Who

Well, we're getting closer now.  Next Friday on Disney+, we're going to get not one but TWO all new episodes of Doctor Who . Your Fr...