Thursday, May 9, 2019

I'm Not Dead Yet

When this posts, the day will be Thursday, May 9th. 

I hope.... I mean, I really super-duper do hope that when this day dawns, I will finally feel better. 

Starting Saturday evening, I have been feel progressively worse, heading towards the inevitable annual spring time cold. I stayed in all day Sunday and missed work on Monday. 

I dragged myself to work Tuesday morning but by mid-day, I knew I wasn't going to make it the rest of the day, at least, not with this equipment. 

I figured if I still felt this bad or worse come Wednesday morning, I would go to the doctor*.

*Being the Doctor Who nut that I am, I originally typed that as "the Doctor".

I woke up Wednesday and I felt worse. 

So off to the Doctor.... excuse me, so off to the doctor I went. 

Congratulations! I have a sinus infection. 

Which is not a big surprise; the inevitable annual spring time cold has a nasty habit of devolving into a sinus infection.  Or strep.

They tested for that; no strep this time. 

I know I shouldn't have to cover this but since we live in an age of morons that have brought measles back, no, I do not have measles.  

I'm on some antibiotics and as I type this Wednesday, I don't feel great or well but I feel slightly less sucky. I need to get back to work. 

I get anxious when I'm not at work. If they find out that whatever I do can be done by others when I'm not there, they might decide they don't need me.

Am I being paranoid? Yeah. 

But still, I worry about these things. 

 A brief story about calling the doctor's office.  The office opens at 8:00 AM but the recording said the office was closed. After about a dozen tries between 8 and 9 and not getting a different result, my wife Andrea called the doctor on call number given in the office is closed recording. 

The woman Andrea spoke with was not nice at all. 

She thought we were using the doctor on call number to make an end run around waiting on hold for the doctor's office.  She "explained" to Andrea that the doctor's office was very busy and we need to be patient. Andrea tried to clarify that the recording we were getting was that the office was closed but this woman just wasn't listening to her. 

A few minutes later, another attempt to call the doctor's office was made and the recording was changed to the one when the office is open.  

Well, that's that on that topic. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Ncuti Gatwa Explains Doctor Who

Well, we're getting closer now.  Next Friday on Disney+, we're going to get not one but TWO all new episodes of Doctor Who . Your Fr...