Saturday, May 11, 2019

My Face Hurts!


Well, here we are to Saturday.

 

I managed to work two full days this week but Friday was a bit of a close one. As the hours of the day slowly grinded their gears through the interminable afternoon, I got the absolute worst headache which set up shop right behind my right eye.  And as if that pain wasn’t enough, I began to feel a familiar ache course through my body, the one I get when an infection I’m fighting decides to fight back.

 

I’ve been on antibiotics for two days. I should be winning the battle against this sinus infection.

 

Nobody takes a sinus infection seriously. It is as far as infections go rather benign. I don’t think anyone has died from a sinus infection. It just hurts.

 

In your face.

 

My face hurts!

 

I’ve never pretended to be anything that I’m not. I am certainly not a tough guy. I am without a doubt a total wuss. And I’m sick of my face hurting. 

 

It really messes with my mind set. I’m depressed. No, I’m more depressed than usual. A constant throbbing ache in one's face will do that to a person.

 

Well, it does it to me.

 

If you were to tell me that this sinus infection has a 50/50 chance of getting completely better or killing me, I would consider either one of those as perfectly and equally acceptable options.

 

Why?

 

Because my face hurts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Ncuti Gatwa Explains Doctor Who

Well, we're getting closer now.  Next Friday on Disney+, we're going to get not one but TWO all new episodes of Doctor Who . Your Fr...