Saturday, November 27, 2021

Songs For Saturday: Joe Jackson, Taco and the Pretenders

 


Songs For Saturday is going to town with today's play list.  

First up is a musical ode to a night on the town in New York City by Joe Jackson. From 182, here's "Steppin' Out". 



The epitome of living the high life while out for a night on the town is Irving Berlin's "Puttin' On the Ritz".

In the 1980's, the Dutch singer known only as Taco put a modern spin on the the ol' Berlin standard.  



While out on the town, there's nothing like sharing some gossip over a restaurant table or at a bar.  

You know, what is the talk of the town? 

Which segues us into my favorite song by Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders with "Talk of the Town". 


And that brings us to the end of today's Songs For Saturday play list.

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Out Of Office

OK, technically I am in the office. I working at my work-work computer which is within sight of my personal laptop wherein I compose this bl...