Thursday, October 13, 2022

The Loneliest IHOP

Last Friday, I went to get my flu shot and my latest COVID booster shot at Walgreens.

Both Andrea and I were supposed to go the Friday before that but tropical storm Ian blew threw town and we had to reschedule. 

Andrea got her shots on Saturday after the storm passed but Walgreens only had room on the schedule for one person so I had to return the next Friday for my shots. 

After we left Walgreens, Andrea and I debated where we wanted to have dinner. Among the restaurants in the vicinity of the Walgreens was IHOP.   

Usually when we've ventured forth to eat at the International House of Pancakes, it's usually for a late breakfast or brunch type of thing.  My usual go to is an omelet with a couple of pancakes and Andrea's usual order is chicken and waffles.  

To be honest I wasn't really in the mood for my usual omelet/pancake order, certainly not on a Friday at 7 PM.  But they're supposed to have some pretty good hamburgers made with Black Angus beef and that was what I was in the mood for. 

Andrea who was probably still going to get chicken and waffles suddenly decides she wants to try the IHOP burger too.  She does that all the time.  

So we're off to IHOP. We're hungry and we hope that won't be too busy.  

Well....


They're not.   

It was the loneliest IHOP. 

There was one family there when Andrea and I arrived but they left and we had the whole place to ourselves. 

During the whole time we were there, only 1 person entered and that was to pick up a Door Dash to go order.  

Our waitress Susan with no one else to wait on was very attentive. Although she took some time to get our payment.  

By the way, IHOP does make a pretty damn good burger.  

On Sunday, our dining out experience was quite the opposite.  For Sunday, Andrea and I went out for our anniversary dinner at Olive Garden because Andrea really like Olive Garden for some reason and I don't have a viable alternative. 

We scored our free anniversary dessert. 


A pumpkin cheesecake drizzled in caramel.   

But damn, each time I go to Olive Garden, it's almost like dining in a 3rd world country or something with kids screaming and alleged adults talking loud and it's quite frankly....


Yes, TOO DAMN LOUD!!!!

Oh give me the relative calm and quiet of the loneliest IHOP anyday.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Ghosts

  Ghosts wrapped up it's 3rd season last week. In a strike shortened season with only 10 episodes, a lot of ground still got covered.  ...