Monday, October 3, 2022

Old Man Yells At Loud

In today's post, I act my age and rant about things.


There's a grocery store near the Fortress of Ineptitude called Lowe's Foods.  The store is a bit too expensive because dammit, they have a lobster tank. But they are convenient for a quick milk run. 

Another problem is the music the store plays over the speakers.

What is the problem with the music the store plays over the speakers? 

Well, I'll tell you.

It's....


Yes, it's TOO DAMN LOUD!!!!!!

Now, I have been told that I am overreacting and it's not really that loud. 

I do try to be an accommodating fellow and understand that everyone has different perspectives and opinions that should be respected and...

NO! Fuck that!  

The music in Lowe's Foods is....





Yes, TOO DAMN LOUD!!!!!!!!!

The other day I had to go to the store and not only was the music TOO DAMN LOUD but it was the end of the day and the setting sun was streaming through the large windows where the cash registers are. I was trying to make my purchases even though I was frickin' blind from the sun roasting my eye balls and I was deafened by the music which was TOO DAMN LOUD!!!!!!!!

This is not a unique phenomenon to Lowe's Foods. 

Almost every retail establishment has some sort of cacophony blasting from the ceiling.  It's pervasive and persistent and frequently it's just TOO DAMN LOUD!!!!!!!!

Do NOT get me started on Best Buy. Not only have I rarely encountered a "Buy" that I would call "Best" but the whole damn environment is TOO DAMN LOUD!!!!!!!!

I'm not a big fan of shopping in the first place. Whatever it is I am compelled to shop for, food, clothing, gifts, whatever, chances are I do not want to be there. And it seems the feeling is mutual as stores crank up the music to drive me out by making it TOO DAMN LOUD!!!!!!!!

One exception to this has been Target. Other than the TVs in the electronics section, Target is blissfully quiet.  

Until last week.

Forced to go on a shopping expedition, I found myself more tense than usual in a Target and I quickly realized why.

There was music. 

And....

You guessed it! It was...


 

Yes, TOO DAMN LOUD!!!!!!!!

I was so completely stressed out at the end of the experience and I bustled myself out of the store so damn fast, I left behind a bag with about $40 worth of my purchases behind. I didn't realize this until I got home and boy was I pissed.

Hey, $40 is $40.

So I went back to the Target to see if the lost bag was still at the register or had been turned into customer service.  No on both counts but a Target rep named Drew was exceptionally kind and patient and let me recover the items I had lost in that bag at no extra cost.  

So that was a good thing and kudos to Drew and the Target team for assisting me with that and being so nice and helpful.

But I can't help but wonder if any of this would've happened at the old silent Target instead of the new music infused Target where the music is...

Well, you know.

TOO DAMN LOUD!!!!!!!!

And I am so glad my suffering amuses you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...