Thursday, October 6, 2022

Velma Dinkley's Coming Out Party

So there's big news from the world of Scooby Doo.

Velma Dinkley is a lesbian!

Wow! 

I am shocked by this revelation. 

I mean, I really had no idea.

Velma's last name is Dinkley? 

That is a surprise.

Oh, what about that whole lesbian thing?

C'mon, over 53 years we all knew Velma was gay.

Now apparently this is now for reals in an an upcoming  new “Scooby-Doo” movie called “Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo!” 

Our favorite brainy sleuth develops a serious crush on a female costume designer named Coco Diablo, 


Velma’s sexual orientation has been the subject of speculation almost since the first “Scooby-Doo” series debuted in 1969.

James Gunn, who wrote the script for the 2002 live-action “Scooby-Doo,” confirmed Velma liked women, but was never able to make it an official part of her character.

Tony Cervone, the supervising producer on the “Mystery Incorporated” series had a similar take on Velma's character.  

Cervone once said his team “made our intentions as clear as we could 10 years ago. Most of our fans got it. To those that didn’t, I suggest you look closer.”

Now I imagine the right wing media will be upset over Velma being out as a lesbian. Horror of horrors: WOKE SCOOBY DOO?!?!?

Well, if they're upset with that, wait 'til they find out Shaggy's smoking the marijuana.

“Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo!”  is available on Amazon Prime and will air on Cartoon Network on Oct. 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Sushi

Last week, I had my first sushi. While Andrea and I were out of town for our son's graduation from college, we took him and two of his f...