Saturday, May 13, 2017

Random Randomness


Hi there! Today is Saturday. The last few weeks, i've posted about the previous week's episode of the Doctor Who spin-off, Class. But as of this writing, the family has not had time to watch last week's episode. I'm guessing there was an alien threat, Miss Quill was pissed about something and the rest of the cast struggled with some form of teen angst.  I guess we'll catch up eventually. Maybe.  

Let's throw some topics on the wall and see what sticks.  

Today is May 13th which is the birthday of Marv Wolfman the creator of Nova and who wrote the majority of Tomb of Dracula at Marvel. 



















At DC, he teamed with George Perez on The New Teen Titans and Crisis on Infinite Earths. 



Marv and George created Starfire, an alien princess with energy powers who fell in love with the original Robin, Dick Grayson.  Whenever Starfire was lonely and missing her Teen Wonder, Marv would have her say things like "I want Dick!" Or "I miss Dick!" Or "I need to find Dick!" 

The Comics Code didn't have a clue. 

Marv was born in 1946 which makes him 71 years old? No way, man! That doesn't seem right. 

Well, I'm 54 years old and that sure as hell doesn't seem right either. I feel so very much older.  



I still have comic books from last week I haven’t read yet, both Freebies and stuff I bought. When I was a much younger Dave-El, I would devour all my comics in one sitting. Devouring comics is hell on their re-sale value. Learn from my aged wisdom: don’t eat your comic books; read them.



I referred to artist George Perez who recently had a heart attack and went though two surgeries. George is recovering but had to cancel his remaining planned convention appearances for 2017.

Take it easy, George. Focus on getting well. 

George for the record is the absolutely best artist for team books, bar none.  

Tomorrow is Mother’s Day which is the first one without my mom. I’m still having some trouble processing that. If you still have your mom around, give her a call or go see her if you can and give her a hug.

OK, that's all I've got for today. Tonight we're absconding from the Fortress of Ineptitude to see Doctor Who at Geeksboro. I will try to have a write up on that ready for Sunday. If not, I'll post it on Monday.

Until next time, remember to be good to one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My DMV Adventure

First of all, sorry about yesterday's posts. My birthday rarely yields a celebratory feeling from me but one mostly of a deeply depresse...