Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day

Hi there! It's a Monday but I'm not at work.  Here in the United States, today is Memorial Day, a day to grill meat or meat-like products, go to the pool or the beach and mark the beginning of the summer season of blockbuster movies, out door BBQs and going without pants whenever possible. 

It is, however and primarily, a day of remembrance, of veterans of our armed services who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and never made it back home. 

For all the fun that can be had on this day (and yes, my day will include hot dogs and time at the pool), let's not forget why the day exists. 


In case you're wondering, no, I do not have the post ready for this past Saturday's Doctor Who episode, The Pyramid at the End of the World. It was quite the doozy of an episode but time has not been on my side to write about it. I may have to just start aiming to have these ready for the following Saturday after an episode airs. 

Or something. 

Anyway, until next time, remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An April 24th Birthday Post

I was born on April 24, 1963 which makes me 61 years old today. But I am not quite frankly that interesting and I'm not exactly where I ...