Thursday, May 4, 2017

A Series Of Petty Annoyances


Fair warning: I might be cranky. A little bit.

Here goes.  

Have you ever noticed that the strongest part of a package is along the dotted line that says “open here”? Or is it just me?


Here’s something that bugs me: you’re microwaving something that instructs you to leave the film cover on. Then after so many minutes, remove the dish from the microwave, pull back the film cover, stir the contents and replace the film cover. Assuming the plastic film didn’t tear into shreds when you pulled it back, it’s not going to stay in place when you pull it back over the dish.

OK, Saran Wrap. Sticks to ever damn thing except the thing you want it to stick to.  

TAPE! Dammit! Tape does the same thing. The first thing tape wants to stick to is itself.



OK, something else that annoys me: a post on the internet with a title of something like “25 Secrets You Didn’t Know About the Dukes of Hazzard”. Hey, I might be interested in that. So I check it out and this damn thing loads a single page for every secret. And some of these so-called secrets aren’t really secrets.

AND... 

If I'm going to name check the Dukes of Hazzard, I have to (I mean I HAVE to) post a pic of Catherine Bach as Daisy Duke!



It's not just a good idea; it's the LAW! 

You know what else bugs me? Ads on You Tube! OK, ads are the price we pay for "free" content. I'm OK with that. But does it have to be the same ad for each clip I watch? If the ad is longer than the clip, no, that should not happen. I've had to sit through an ad waiting to watch a movie trailer on You Tube. A trailer is a glorified ad for a movie! Yes, I had to watch an ad to get to the ad I wanted to watch! And don't think I haven't noticed: fewer ads are now skippable.

Yes, YT wants me to shell out $ for the fee-based service. I may be easily annoyed but I am also incredibly cheap so You Tube, if you want my money, you'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands!

OK, here's something else that annoys me: Why do I most want to stay in bed in the morning when I most need to be getting up? But when I don't have to get up, BAM! Wide awake at 5 frickin' AM!

I think my brain is plotting against me.



So that’s all  I’ve got.


And I’m so glad my suffering amuses you.


Also, remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: It's a Beavis & Butthead Renaissance

  This image below has been making the rounds on social media following this past weekend's Saturday Night Live. It's Mikey Day and ...