Sunday, June 25, 2017

Some Sunday Stuff

Hello. As I write this, it's 5:40 in the frickin' morning here at the Fortress of Ineptitude. Weekday mornings, it's all I can do to drag my butt out of bed by 7:30. But Saturday or Sunday? Up too early and wide awake. 

Last night's Doctor Who episode was very powerful with a pervasive sense of doom. OK, more about that in Satuday's Doctor Who post. 

But seriously, Steven Moffat: Damn!

Meanwhile, mechanical issues here at the Fortress with a not quite up to speed washing machine. So my daughter accompanied me on her first visit to a laundromat. There is something relaxing about a laundromat, with the low hum of washing machines and dryers in concert. I rather missed the experience. 

This particular laundromat is attached to a bar. We found a comfy sofa to sit on while we read. Randie's embarking on her first Stephen King novel, The Shining. Me, I got back to a book I received for Christmas, an oral history of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. I had gotten about halfway through it but after I had my stroke and broke my arm in January; I had not gotten back to it. I think I may have forgotten I had it even though it is a very enjoyable book that is by turns insightful and funny. 

Speaking of the stroke, my neurologist wants to take a peek at my heart by threading a tiny camera down my throat. he wants to see if there are clues as to what instigated my stroke and I guess try to keep whatever it was from happening again. This is scheduled to done on Tuesday, I can't say I'm looking forward to it. 

Now it's 5:58 AM and NOW I'm feeling sleepy again. So back to bed.  

Until next time, remember to be good to one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

An April 24th Birthday Post

I was born on April 24, 1963 which makes me 61 years old today. But I am not quite frankly that interesting and I'm not exactly where I ...