Sunday, June 25, 2017

Some Sunday Stuff

Hello. As I write this, it's 5:40 in the frickin' morning here at the Fortress of Ineptitude. Weekday mornings, it's all I can do to drag my butt out of bed by 7:30. But Saturday or Sunday? Up too early and wide awake. 

Last night's Doctor Who episode was very powerful with a pervasive sense of doom. OK, more about that in Satuday's Doctor Who post. 

But seriously, Steven Moffat: Damn!

Meanwhile, mechanical issues here at the Fortress with a not quite up to speed washing machine. So my daughter accompanied me on her first visit to a laundromat. There is something relaxing about a laundromat, with the low hum of washing machines and dryers in concert. I rather missed the experience. 

This particular laundromat is attached to a bar. We found a comfy sofa to sit on while we read. Randie's embarking on her first Stephen King novel, The Shining. Me, I got back to a book I received for Christmas, an oral history of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. I had gotten about halfway through it but after I had my stroke and broke my arm in January; I had not gotten back to it. I think I may have forgotten I had it even though it is a very enjoyable book that is by turns insightful and funny. 

Speaking of the stroke, my neurologist wants to take a peek at my heart by threading a tiny camera down my throat. he wants to see if there are clues as to what instigated my stroke and I guess try to keep whatever it was from happening again. This is scheduled to done on Tuesday, I can't say I'm looking forward to it. 

Now it's 5:58 AM and NOW I'm feeling sleepy again. So back to bed.  

Until next time, remember to be good to one another.  

Just Us Leaguers

Justice League is HERE! Yay!   And the reviews are out and.....   OK, not so much with the "yay".    OK, here's the g...