Monday, June 19, 2017

Monday Musings


Hi there! Today is Monday! Yay! I’m the only person in the world who is happy to be back at work on a Monday. I cope better with my obligations at work than I do with my responsibilities in the rest of my life.
 
Friday night, we escaped the Fortress of Ineptitude to eat Mexican at the one of two Mexican places we go to. Sunday for Father’s day, we went to one of the two steak restaurants we always go to.

But on Saturday, we actually ate somewhere we had never eaten before called Freddys, a new chain specializing in steakburgers and frozen custard. My daughter Randie had eaten at one before and was anxious for her mom and I to try it as well. We finally did on Saturday prior to our weekly visit to Geeksboro to see Doctor Who. (Note: the write up on this past Saturday’s episode will appear on this blog this coming Saturday.)

I would dare say their steakburgers are better than the ones at Steak ‘n’ Shake. And the frozen custard is just so good. We have in Freddy’s a new favorite place to go. 
 
Sunday evening was marred a bit with another bout of nausea. I actually went to see my doctor about this last week and here’s the word on that. There’s no disease called “nausea”. Nausea is a symptom, not a disease. But a symptom of what? Well, that remains an unanswered question. There is no discernible pattern that I can determine and I have no other associated symptoms. Just nausea. Which hit me hard last night. This time I did not throw up. I did crash at an early hour Sunday evening, sleeping until about 4 AM. Then I went back to sleep at 5 AM and resisted getting up in response to my 6 AM alarm for 90 minutes. I was no longer nauseous but damn I was tired. 
 
On the subject of health, I am looking at follow up surgery on my left arm within the next month or so. I have strength in my arm but my mobility is still quite limited due to a bone mass in my arm. Once that is removed, I should have full mobility of my left arm once more.
 
And my neurologist is still investigating the source of my stroke this past January. He wants to do a scan of the blood vessels in my head AND he wants to thread a tiny camera down my throat to look at my heart, looking for sign of blood clots and so forth. I am not looking forward to having a camera threaded down my throat. There better be drugs to mellow me out.  More on that when we actually do the thing.
 
Well, that’s that for now. Until next time, remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Easter Explained!

  This Sunday is Easter. And Your Friday Video Link for today is Jim Gaffigan explaining Easter. Sort of.  Don't worry, there's a bu...