Sunday, June 4, 2017

It's Sunday. Whazzup?

Hi! Dave-El here, poking his head out to see what's going on.



I have a code in my node. I mean, a cold in my nose. I suppose it was only a matter of time. Here in the Fortress of Ineptitude, daughter Randie and wife Andrea are taking their turns with this cold so I guess I was due.  

Andrea's birthday was yesterday, marred by her ongoing cold battle. We did NOT get to see Wonder Woman yesterday; I'm hoping we can get that done today.  

We did get to see Doctor Who at Geeksboro last night. I'll write about that and post it on Saturday which is the new schedule for this sort of thing. But spoiler! The Doctor did regenerate last night and the new Doctor is (and NO ONE saw this coming) actress Errin Hayes. Oh, so that's why she was fired from Kevin Can Wait.  

Kevin Can Wait is a perfectly unremarkable, middling sitcom starring Kevin James (AKA Paul Blart, Mall Cop!) that debuted on CBS last year. Apparently producers wanted to go in a different direction (perhaps funny?) and decided that Errin Hayes' wife and mother character had to go. 

Yes, this person...




























...has to go because producers think this person...

















...can do better?

Only in Hollywood. 

So that means Mrs. Kevin Can Wait has to die (that'll be good for laughs!) or run off with another man or another woman (hilarity will ensue right from every orifice!). 

No, the Doctor did not regenerate (of come ON! It was a fake out just as everyone expected. Except for Andrea and her Twitter followers who really thought something big might happen!). More on that in the Doctor Who Is NEW! post in 6 days.  

Before Doctor Who time, we enjoyed our regularly scheduled steak for birthday dinner. When it's my birthday or Andrea's, we go out for steak. We really can't seem to come up with a better idea. 

During dinner, my daughter and I got into a conversation about the various people in comics called Blue Beetle. The phrase "and then he fell into a hole" came up a lot. No, I don't know how we got on the topic of Blue Beetle. Andrea thought we were talking about the Tick who is a different blue hued bug themed character.  




While at dinner, I noticed on a TV set near the bar there was breaking news of "incidents" in London. Seven people died and nearly 50 were injured when a vehicle barreled into pedestrians on London Bridge and then three attackers embarked on a stabbing rampage at a nearby market.

The U.K. has been taking a lot of punches lately. Manchester is still in shock from the bombing after the Arianna Grande concert two weeks ago. Now this. 

Leaders from around the world provided words of support and offers to help. Yes, even Donald Trump. Oh his SECOND Tweet. His first tweet was why it's important for his travel ban to be put into effect. Then Ivanka poked him with a stick and he later tweeted, "U.K., sorry for your loss. We're here for you buddy. #TravelBan"  (OK, I am paraphrasing a bit.)  

So that's that for today's post. I'm going to medicate and chill for a bit, then drag our butts out of the Fortress to see Wonder Woman win World War I. 

Until next time, try to stay well, turn down your lights where appropriate and remember to be good to one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My DMV Adventure

First of all, sorry about yesterday's posts. My birthday rarely yields a celebratory feeling from me but one mostly of a deeply depresse...