Friday, January 22, 2021

My Digital Pal Who's Fun To Be With: Tiptoe the Tortoise

Hi there! 

Welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a blog of variable content and questionable value. 

Why does this blog exist? I'm not really sure.

Why are you here? I am quite unsure of this as well. 

I am reasonably certain that for whatever reason you have come to this blog, you are finding the experience quite disappointing. 

Hell, I'm the one writing this blog and I am finding the experience quite disappointing. 

In the interest of not making your visit to this blog a complete waste if time, I present this recurring feature: 

My Digital Pal Who's Fun To Be With



My Digital Pal Who's Fun To Be With is where I suggest other avenues available through the internet that I think may be more interesting than whatever the hell is going on here.  

Today, My Digital Pal Who's Fun To Be With is on Tik Tok. 

I present Tiptoe the Tortoise.
'
photos by Gavin Anderson 

This past July, Caitlin Doran of Pacific Palisades, CA  launched a Tik Tok account spotlighting Tiptoe, a 175-pound tortoise. Tiptoe has more than 2.3 million followers who check into see Tiptoe eat, wade around in his pool and explore the neighborhood. 

Below is a Tiptoe video posted to You Tube.   



Santa brought Caitlin Tiptoe as a Christmas gift when she was 7 years old. At the time, Tiptoe was 3 months old and half the size of a flashcard. 

Tiptoe is now 19 years old and weighs a whopping 175 pounds. It takes two people to carry him.

While Tiptoe’s diet consists mainly of hay, Caitlin also treats him to zucchini, squash, fruits and flower petals.  

Caitlin takes Tiptoe out for walks around the neighborhood where he gets to meet locals who are happy to greet their unique neighbor.  

Tiptoe's videos on Tik Tok are always a joy to watch as this tortoise gets to live his best life in safety, comfort and contentment. And the sheer joy Caitlin expresses sharing time with Tiptoe is quite palpable.  

Tiptoe on Tik Tok is a positive reaffirmation of joy in life. 

Tiptoe's YouTube page can be found here.  

Tiptoe can be found on Tik Tok @caitlinandtiptoe.

Tiptoe is My Digital Pal Who's Fun To Be With! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: Woman Haters - The Debut of the Three Stooges

Today's Cinema Sunday post is about a short film that began a big impact on American pop culture.   Debuting on May 5, 1934, exactly 90 ...